The process to buy a mattress may seem easy and repetitive, and maybe that’s why many people go wrong and pick one that doesn’t feel so comfortable after a few nights. Going into a store and laying down on each mattress available is probably the most used way to select it, however, there are so many options and specifications you will want to know before making a purchase.
Think about the type
- Foam: There are different subtypes within this category, however, the basics you need to know is that it is made entirely with foam and no coils. They tend to provide above-average contouring to the body, pressure relief, and motion isolation. This is a good fit for side sleepers and couples.
- Innerspring: Use coil springs for support with various types of upholstery on top to enhance the comfort level. They provide the traditional bouncy feel and can be more firm.
- Hybrid: Innerspring support core and a substantial foam comfort system. They can even include microoils and have low heat retention.
- Latex: Similar in support and durability to foam mattresses, but have faster recovery time and less heat retention. Perfect for people looking for a lower impact on the environment.
- Airbed: Built with an air chamber as their support core, connected and controlled with a smartphone or remote to provide the firmness you want.
Now it is the time to go to a shop, preferably on not-so-crowded times and give it a try. Explore and select the mattresses that fit your needs the most. Feel them and think about the long ride, since this mattress could accompany you for up to 10 years.
Do not underestimate the knowledge a professional can provide you. If you have specific problems such as back pain, talking to a sales representative that actually knows all the details and benefits of each mattress can make all the difference in the world.
Choose and enjoy
Now that you have followed the previous steps, you are ready to select your ideal mattress out of the preliminar ones. Set a budget and choose the mattress that fits in it and meets your needs the best.